Your personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identifiable living person who can be directly or indirectly identified through that information. SSAT processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
SSAT (The Schools Network) Ltd. is the data controller, and for any queries in relation to the handling of personal data may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post to Data Protection, SSAT, 5th Floor Central House, 142 Central Street, London EC1V 8AR.
Legal basis of processing
The data processing described in this notice is on the basis of GDPR Article 6(1)(f), the legitimate interests of SSAT as Data Controller to:
- provide services to customers
- evaluate service delivery
- market to potential customers
- maintain network and information security
- meet our legal obligations
When do we collect your personal data?
SSAT collects personal data in the following ways*:
- Directly from individuals who contact us via telephone, email, social media, post, web site forms, or in person
- Automatically, in the form of IP addresses, web browser details and web usage history, whenever you access any of our online services
- When a school or other employer purchases a membership or other service and provides your contact details to us**
- When you attend a group training purchased by your employer or other organisation and the data is collected for us by a delivery partner
- When you or your employer purchase a service from another organisation (such as a teaching school) that provides services which have been franchised from SSAT, and who provide your data back to us**
- From public sources such as school websites**
- Photographs, video recordings and audio recordings captured at SSAT events
* SSAT also collects and processes personal data from individuals who are employed by SSAT, or who are contracted by SSAT to carry out specific services; separate privacy notices are provided to those individuals detailing the context-specific processing of personal data.
** In such cases we will contact you to inform you what data we have received and from what source.
What do we use your data for?
To record whether you (either directly or via your organisation) have an SSAT membership or have purchased other services.
To enable access to relevant paid-for resources and member benefits, some of which are provided electronically via email and/or online.
To record accreditations and engagement with our various products, services and networks.
To support targeted marketing of services that we believe will be of interest to you based on the data we hold. All electronic marketing communications contain instructions on how to opt out of further marketing.
To customise the content of web pages on our site to reflect topics we think will be of most interest to you based on the data we hold.
To process transactions between SSAT and you or the organisation you represent.
Some of our CPD programmes require further use of your data, you will be provided with further relevant information at the point of becoming a participant.
How do we protect your data?
SSAT takes all reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to protect your personal information. SSAT are certified to the UK Government CyberEssentials standard.
Data exchanged with our website and third-party providers is encrypted using transport layer security (TLS).
Service providers for our applications are all subject to security and data protection assessment.
SSAT assesses the minimum period to store personal data taking into account relevant laws and has processes to ensure data is securely deleted or anonymised when there is no longer a reason to keep it for the purposes for which it was gathered.
Your files from other systems
This site (SSAT MyPortfolio) may be connected to a number of third party cloud file services such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and DropBox.
if you choose to connect your account from one of those other systems to your account on this site the connection will only be used to enable you to upload or share information from your account in the other system into your profile in this system. Further sharing with other users of this system is entirely within your control.
SSAT staff or systems do not access the content of your third party file system other than the system connection required to allow you to access and/or share your external files. The only handling of your content, metadata and permissions in third party systems is via the application’s user interface and only accessible to you.